God didn’t give these to me on a stone tablet, but they are some things I’ve picked up over the past few years that seem to work.
1) Eat breakfast: it will boost your performance for the rest of the day
2) Quality over quantity: small amounts of good food satisfies more than large amounts of junk foods
3) Frequency is key: 5-6 small meals per day rather than 1-2 large meals will help maintain lower blood sugar levels, a leaner body, and higher energy levels
4) Fill up on fiber: 25-35 grams a day to control appetite today and prevent chronic diseases later
5) Fresh is best: snack on fruits and veggies rather than processed foods
6) Go natural: the fewer ingredients and closer to the way God made it, the better it is for you!
7) Read the label: you are what you eat, so know what you’re eating
8) Method matters: steaming, grilling, and broiling rather than frying add flavor without the fat
9) It starts in the cart: stock your grocery cart with good-for-you foods you will eat, steer it clear of temptation, and it will be much easier to eat right at home
10) Plan to succeed: planning meals ensures you will have the necessary ingredients at home and prevents last-minute dashes to the vending machine, fast food drive-through, or grocery store